Wow, it’s April, my birthday month and I am hella excited to celebrate with friends and family at the end of the month. I want to earn the celebration though, because this year, just the anniversary of my birth is not quite enough to justify spending tons of money on food, drinks, activities, and gifts. I mean, yes I absolutely feel like I am worthy and I do love a good celebration, but I want it to really mean something this year. It must be warranted, people! So in honor of my April birthday, I’m embarking on a 30-day sprint.
WHAT’S A SPRINT?
I originally learned about a “sprint” from a digital entrepreneur with whom I am obsessed, the Femtrepreneur herself, Mariah Coz. In a recent episode of the Femtrepreneur Show Podcast, fearing Coz and her business partner Megan Mimms, she explained all things sprint related. Her method of sprinting is to focus on one thing for a 2-week period and that one thing only.
Genius. So simple, but easier said than done for us creative minds with a million things going on in our brains. Before making the decision to do this, I was worried about projects that would not even be possible if I didn’t concentrate on completing my new website. Silly Ashley!
So my April sprint will be all things AshleyLBrown.com. Intensifying my focus on the site means ensuring that my mental state is on point for the whole month.
THE GAME PLAN
I am psyched and horrified, all at the same time. I originally relaunched the site as a way to showcase everything that I do and represent in one location, as opposed to having several different websites (which is how it was when I released my first blog). My main goal in 2017 is to become the entrepreneur that I’ve always wanted to be since I was a little girl. That takes some serious elbow grease, confidence, and passion, not to mention belief in myself. You can read more about my entrepreneurial journey and why I decided to relaunch my blog here.
I’ll be sharing through updates on social media (namely Instagram + Facebook), because this is all about accountability and action. I sometimes have an incredibly difficult time with action, because my mind is processing so many thoughts, ideas, and judgments constantly. It’s exhausting!
All I want for myself is to get behind the driver’s seat and GO, full speed. None of this half-assed, slow BS anymore. No more analysis paralysis, due to my fear of being wrong, of failing, of looking stupid. Are you with me?!
Awesome. So here’s what happening this month.
I AM RELEASING MY BLOG TO THE PUBLIC
If you’re reading this, it’s released! Making it public is the easy part. Maintaining it and setting it up for success is a different story.
I plan on doing that by:
Treating my blog like the business I want it to be!
- Automating as many systems as possible – there is so much that goes into blogging, it’s not even funny! Luckily, I thoroughly enjoy pretty much all of it, but there are only so many hours in the day. There are tons of online tools out there that make bloggers’ lives so much easier, and I plan on boarding that bus for sure!
- Completing my first email course to share with like-minded creative professionals who need a fire lit under their asses — can’t wait to share it! If you want in the goodies, subscribe below and you’ll receive the FREE course as soon as it’s released!
- Implementing self-care into my routine as a non-negotiable. I have an awesome part-time dog walking job, but I still fight the need to get physical, whether in nature or my free workout room at my apartment complex (come on!). It’s really ironic, because my mind 100 percent understands that I am on my A-game when I am physically active. My mind is like, “Damn, no mental fog anymore?! This is awesome!” and yet, I neglect physical activity. Guess what? The disconnect between mind and body ends here. If it’s hurting my business, it’s going to change.
- Creating relationships with collaborators – I want the blog to be an amazing and powerful tool for aspiring and current creative professionals, so reaching out to bloggers, businesses, and brands are a crucial step in the process. I also wish for the blog to be an integral part of my growth as an artist, coach and businesswoman. The number one priority is to build and maintain a business with integrity and soul, so I look forward to bringing different perspectives and new tools to the table through partnerships.
- Being a badass marketing ninja! This blog isn’t my diary. It’s a collection of experiences that I know in my heart can inspire, motivate, and move fellow creatives to action. It’s for YOU! No one will know I’m here unless I produce quality content and authentically share— duh. So I am blasting through the fear of actually being seen. Hiding isn’t an option anymore. Telling my story is how I choose to show up in the world. Marketing, for me, means sharing and connecting with my tribe. And of course, if something I’ve written moves you, please share away!
So that is the breakdown of what my April sprint will look like. You can bet your bottom I’ll be reporting my successes and sharing my discoveries next month.
Feel free to chat it up with me via email, twitter, instagram, or Facebook to hold me accountable (although I do plan on engaging less on social media— ahem!). I very much want that feeling of urgency, so I give you permission to be all up on me!